Aluminium is the most widely used non-ferrous metal. Global production of aluminium in 2005 was 31.9 million tonnes. It exceeded that of any other metal except iron (837.5 million tonnes). Forecast for 2012 is 42–45 million tonnes, driven by rising Chinese output.
Since Aluminium is in our life evrywhere, what is aluminum?
Aluminium is a relatively soft, durable, lightweight, ductile and malleable metal with appearance ranging from silvery to dull gray, depending on the surface roughness. It is nonmagnetic and does not easily ignite. A fresh film of aluminium serves as a good reflector (approximately 92%) of visible light and an excellent reflector (as much as 98%) of medium and far infrared radiation. The yield strength of pure aluminium is 7–11 MPa, while aluminium alloys have yield strengths ranging from 200 MPa to 600 MPa. Aluminium has about one-third the density and stiffness of steel. It is easily machined, cast, drawn and extruded.
Substance use depends on the nature of the substance. Since aluminum has a variety of excellent performance, and therefore has a very wide range of uses aluminum. What is aluminum?
* The quality of light aluminum alloy and high strength, which in the manufacture of aircraft, cars, rockets are widely used.
* Since aluminum has good electrical conductivity and thermal resistance, it can be used as ultra-high voltage cable materials. High purity aluminum has better performance.
* Aluminum at high temperatures highly reductive, can be used to smelt high melting point metal.
* Aluminum rich malleable, can be made of aluminum foil, used in packaging.
* Aluminum is a metal, it can be recycling, but the recovery rate is not high.
* Aluminum corrosion resistance (especially oxidized aluminum oxide because of its heat resistance but increased corrosion of aluminum) is excellent, the appearance of texture is good, affordable, it is the last election material computer chassis.
After the introduce of applications for aluminum, we also need to know its hazards. What is aluminum?
Improper use of aluminum also have some side effects:
Aluminum could result in memory loss.
Aluminum elements can damage a person’s brain cells, World Health Organization provisions of human daily intake of aluminum should be controlled at 0.004 g or less.
Detect-Metals tell you what is aluminum,and offers best aluminum with best price.