- outstanding resistance to oxidation at high temperatures
- good resistance to carburizing conditions
- good mechanical properties at both room and elevated temperatures
- good resistance to stress-corrosion cracking
Inconel 601 Alloy is specifically recommended for service above 550℃ because of higher creep-rupture properties, resulting from controlled carbon content and coarse grain size.
Inconel 601 Alloy is a heat resistant alloy on account of its excellent resistance above 550 ℃ against hot gases and combustion products, as well as against molten salt and molten metal corrosion, while at the same time exhibiting good mechanical short-time and long-term properties. Even under severe conditions, such as under cyclic heating and cooling, Inconel 601 Alloy retains a tightly adherent oxide layer which is very resistant to spalling.
Resistance to carburization is good. Inconel 601 Alloy has also shown good resistance in carbonitriding conditions, if a sufficiently high oxygen partial pressure is present.
Applications of Inconel 601:
Inconel 601 Alloy has found a wide variety of applications in industries as diverse as thermal and chemical processing, pollution control and power generation.
Typical applications are:
- trays, baskets and fixtures for heat treatment plant
- refractory anchors, strand-annealing and radiant heater tubes, high-velocity gas burners, wire mesh belts in industrial furnaces
- insulating cans in ammonia reformers and catalyst support grids in nitric acid production
- components in exhaust gas systems
- combustion chambers in solid waste incinerators
- tube supports and ash-handling components
- components of waste-gas detoxification systems
- oxygen preheaters
|Condition||Yield Strength(Mpa)||Tensile Strength(Mpa)||Elongation(%)||Hardness(HB)|
|ASTM Min Value||Solution Annealed||205||550||30|
|Typical Values at RT||Solution Annealed||294||686||55||130|
International Specification Comparison chart
Product: Sheet, Coil, Pipe, Bar, Wire and Forgings