- controlled chemistry with a minimum iron and chromium content to retard the formation of ordered -phase Ni4M
- significant corrosion resistance to reducing environment
- excellent resistance to medium-concentrated sulphuric acid and a number of non-oxidizing acids
- good resistance to chloride-induced stress-corrosion cracking (SCC)
- good resistance to a wide range of organic acids.
The extremely low carbon and silicon content of Hastelloy B2 Alloy reduces precipitation of carbides and other phases in the heat-affected zone of welds and ensures adequate corrosion resistance even in the welded condition.
Hastelloy B2 exhibits excellent corrosion resistance in aggressive reducing media such as hydrochloric acid in a wide range of temperatures and concentrations, as well as in medium-concentrated sulphuric acid even with limited chloride contamination. It can also be used in acetic and phosphoric acids. Optimum corrosion resistance can be obtained only if the material is in the correct metallurgical condition and exibits a clean structure.
Applications of Hastelloy B2:
Hastelloy B2 Alloy is used in a wide range of applications in the chemical process industry, especially for processes involving
sulphuric, hydrochloric, phosphoric and acetic acid.
|Condition||Yield Strength(Mpa)||Tensile Strength(Mpa)||Elongation(%)||Hardness(HB)|
|ASTM Min Value||Solution Annealed||350||760||40|
|Typical Values at RT||Solution Annealed||411||892||60||185|
International Specification Comparison chart
Product: Sheet, Coil, Pipe, Bar, Wire and Forgings